I find this application so frustrating to use. That’s all I have to say about it `_´
Okay I have more:
- You can’t re-link audio and video after you’ve unlinked it. So if I want to add something in the middle of my video, I have to move the video and audio tracks separately!?
- If I want to circle something on screen, it won’t overlap onto the following clip. So my circles can sometimes suddenly disappear unless I recreate it on the clip next door. Why, when all I should have to do is drag it over?
- It captures your video in .avi! Who uses .avi!?
… okay fine, thats all I have for now. But it’s still annoying. Try it, download the trial and you’ll see!
I guess in the grand scheme of things it’s not that bad, but the features I mention above are all things I really expected would be there, and although they seem rather random they do help alot when editing and re-editing pieces of work.
Just to be balances here are it’s good points:
- Bloody easy to learn. It’s really a case of drag and drop. You’ll be making videos in no time. It’s re-editing them that can sometimes be the issue. There are loads of present arrows, circles, lines, etc to play.
- Connects to external mics easily. I record audio using my Zoom H1 and it just recognises it.
- For you corporate users who are addicted to .wmv’s, this programs a dream come true. You can export directly into .wmv’s. Plus there are loads more export options.
Okay my rant is over. And overall, Camtasia isn’t that bad. I guess after editing with FCP for so long I get a bit used to editing in a certain way and excpect certain things to be there. But has got some really nice features to get you creating impressive screen casts quite quickly.